Sales and Persuasion Skills for Startups
The entrepreneur's sure guide to getting a 'Yes'
Start-ups and entrepreneurs are a mixed bunch. But one thing the winners all have in common Is – the ability to influence others. The ability to sell their ideas, sell their products, sell their service.
And the graveyard of business startups is littered with companies that failed to grasp that most important, essential skill - the art of persuasion.
That's what this course delivers in spades. The ability to get people to say 'YES'.
So – what is unique about this course?
- Unlike so many courses, Len Smith is always available should you have any queries. Just email him - he's here to help.
- It is a living, growing course - unlike any other course, as students suggest new topics, Len adds them as bonus lessons (he calls them fireside chats). No extra cost, the course just keeps on improving.
- It is not designed for salespeople wanting to boost their career. Salesman of the Month!
- It’s not ‘evangelical’ and it’s not designed to tell you how wonderful you are – what fantastic sales talents you’ve got hidden away, just waiting to be revealed.
No – it’s for real people. Entrepreneurs. Startups. Businesspeople - starting out - who recognise they have a crying need to learn how to get other people to say YES. And that’s what we mean by sales techniques in this course. Not just selling product – although, that IS important, so we do cover all the essentials about selling your product - but it’s also about getting others to buy into your ideas.
Things like, How To….
- Understand people’s motives for buying – some real surprises there!
- Make sure you always have a clear objective – never ‘winging it’, hoping that something will come out at the end
- Understand different personality types – and how to turn their personality traits to your advantage
- Turn needs into wants - and raise the profitability of what you do, what you sell
- Turn objections into sales opportunities
- Gain control and keep the upper hand in any discussion
- Apply the perfect test to see if others are raising smoke screens or holding something back
- Overcome ‘price-itis’. Never ever having to sell down on price
- Understand ‘buying signals’
- How to write a professional, compelling proposal
- Discover the best-kept secrets for overcoming road blocks like – “I’ll think about it” “I’ll think it over”
- Make it easy for your prospects to buy, for your business partners to say ‘yes’
There are countless courses on sales techniques. Mostly developed by trainers. This course is based on years' of personal-face-to-face experience from an expert who has worked at the coal face.
Len Smith has many years' experience in sales & marketing with companies like IBM and has been associated with a number of start-up successes. Developing business and marketing plans, market research, product branding, VC funding and strategic business development.
He's worked as a non-exec, involved in MBOs, company sales and a stock market flotation. He has also helped clients make the difficult leap from Europe to success in North America and the Asia Pacific Region.
Clients have included IBM, Travelex, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Welcom, Marks & Spencer Financial Services and Manchester Business School.
Now he shares his persuasion techniques with you.
For the past 20 odd years Len has run his own business, Copywriting On Demand and manages www.the-writers-guru.com
He works from home, writing copy for organisations around the world - and lots of them have become personal friends.
His biggest market is the USA, followed by the UK, the Arab states and the Netherlands. His business comes via the web and his website attracts more than 1,000 visits a day.
Clients are as diverse as Vodafone, The Finance Leasing Association, Lloyds, PricewaterhouseCoopers, a number of multinational pharmaceutical companies - even a TV 'Secret Millionaire'.
Married for more than 50 years (a world record?) he has three sons.
He lives in a rambling old vicarage in Yorkshire that has the distinction of having been built by the Brönte sisters’ Uncle Fennel. Charlotte’s earliest recorded letter was written from the vicarage during one of the children’s brief holidays there.
His interests have included competitive rallying (including an attempt at the Monte Carlo Rally and the Paris Marrakesh), and paragliding. These days he is content with art and opera.
Len can be contacted: [email protected]